Northeast Wyoming has it all--beautiful mountains, tree-covered hills, wide-open prairies, and rolling plains. We are proud of our land and our people, and invite you to share in the splendor that is Wyoming.
Northeast Wyoming is made up of five counties, each of which possesses a unique personality.
- Crook County includes pieces of the legendary Black Hills and Devils Tower, made famous in the 1978 award-winning movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- Weston County includes rich timber and oil land, along with Thunder Basin National Grassland.
- Campbell County, renowned for rich coal and mineral deposits, includes the Bozeman Trail and the shadow of long-gone pioneers.
- Niobrara County is home to the Lance Creek Fossil Area and some of the best hunting you can find anywhere in the West.
- Converse County includes the northern part of the Medicine Bow National Forest, along with Ayres Natural Bridge and the Wyoming Pioneer Memorial Museum.